This is an archive of the Wivenhoe Forum hyperlocal community messageboard. It ran from 2010-2020.

This archive will be permanently deleted on 31st December 2021.

Posting is disabled.

New Community Darkroom in Wivenhoe - film is very much alive!

I am starting up a community darkroom on Thursday evenings from 7-9pm for anyone who would like to get out those old (or new) black and white negatives and print them up in a relaxed, supportive atmosphere. Planning to start 11th Sept.
Friendly advice on hand, but only if asked for!
I will be doing my own stuff in the darkroom but there is space for another 2 or 3 people to use an enlarger and share chemicals.
You can bring your own photographic paper or buy some off me on the evening.
All I ask for is £5 per hour to use the space and an enlarger/chemicals. Films can also be developed if needed.

If interested, please email me first so I know how many enlargers to set up and who to expect etc. You can pay on the night.

Andy Brooke, Unit 29 Wivenhoe Business Centre, Brook Street, Wiv.

[email protected]

Comments

• Hi Andy,

I will be moving to Wivenhoe soon and was planning to shoot some Tri-X. Would be great to work in the dark room. I have got dark room experience too.There is a possibility that I will be in Wivenhoe by the 11th September.Will keep in touch. Thanks!

Mark Muggeridge

• Nice one Mark - let me know when you'd like to visit the darkroom and I can give you directions etc.
    All the best,
    Andy
  • Hi Andy,

This is great news! I will definitely be in touch later in September to book some darkroom time.

Best wishes,

Sarah

• Good stuff Sarah - look forward to hearing from you.
    Andy