This is an archive of the Wivenhoe Forum hyperlocal community messageboard. It ran from 2010-2020.

This archive will be permanently deleted on 31st December 2021.

Posting is disabled.

Getting Wivenhoe Musicians Started

I thought this could be a useful category as there are probably a lot of musicians in Wivenhoe.  They do not necessarily know each other of course.

I am the drummer with the all-Wivenhoe resident “Emergency Room” founded by Peter Patrick.

My website : http://happydrummer.wordpress.com/

This category could be used for bands wanting musicians or conversely musicians advertising their availability.

There are doubtless other uses.

Comments

• Great idea. There are loads of musicians in Wivenhoe I think. Trying to coordinate meet ups etc is the challenge. 
  • There might be something cooking on this.

Watch this space.
  • I wm hoping for som me Bix Beidebek influenced ragtime. Come on! !! 
  • Ok, so here it is:

The Tuesday Busk - The Greyhound pub this coming Tuesday. Some of the old gang will be there but why not come along and do your thing or just play along!

Mainly rock n roll but not always. Acoustic, raw and uncut, if you like that sort of thing.

See you there some time after 8.
  • Good idea, Adrian! In fact, our band needs to replace him as drummer cause he's moving to France for a while.

Any drummers out there? We play all-original songs - rock, r&b, reggae, soul, alt-you-name-it - happy to give you a tryout. See our Fb page at https://www.facebook.com/theemergencyroom/ and have somewhat rough recording on soundcloud

Cheers

• Hi
    Just wondered if the Tuesday Busk is still going at The Greyhound? If so, is it every Tuesday? 

• Yes, every Tuesday. At the moment, it is just a few of the old faithfuls, but it would be great to see it back to its former strength.

We usually start arriving around 8.15.
  • Glyn said:
    Yes, every Tuesday. At the moment, it is just a few of the old faithfuls, but it would be great to see it back to its former strength.

We usually start arriving around 8.15.

• Great, thanks Glynn, hope to make it down this week or next