10 am to 5 pm each day

Entrance:  £3.00

William Loveless Hall, High Street,
Wivenhoe

There will be a Fabric Stall, Sales Table
and Refreshments

Proceeds to the Wivenhoe Community Bus

Comments

• Having just come back from the Quay Quilters exhibition in the Wm Loveless Hall, I am in awe of their skills in producing all of the quilts which are on show. And they are raffling 52 quilts this afternoon!
    So you need to get there before 3pm this afternoon to buy a raffle ticket 'cos that's when the draw takes place.

• PeterH said:
    Having just come back from the Quay Quilters exhibition in the Wm Loveless Hall, I am in awe of their skills in producing all of the quilts which are on show. And they are raffling 52 quilts this afternoon!
    So you need to get there before 3pm this afternoon to buy a raffle ticket 'cos that's when the draw takes place.

I whole heartedly agree Peter. Well done to Jane and the team. We have got two raffle tickets and our fingers crossed.
  • Well done to the Quay Quilters who I hear raised at this event a significant amount of money for the Mayor's Fund, which is distributed to community groups and charities. 
  • This Quay Quilters event has raised a fantastic amount of money towards a new Community Minibus for Wivenhoe. To see 52 quilts being raffled off by the QQ members this afternoon was just extraordinary. There are a lot of very happy people in Wivenhoe in consequence. Each quilt ought to be worth a huge amount of money. The WL Hall was just full of spectacular colour. It was a privilege to see. Well done Jane and the QQ.

• Hazel, I believe the quilt exhibition money raised is solely for the community bus and not for the mayors fund. It was a wonderful show, thanks to Jane and her team
  • HazelH said:
    Well done to the Quay Quilters who I hear raised at this event a significant amount of money for the Mayor's Fund, which is distributed to community groups and charities. 

To clarify, I too believe that the money was raised for the Minibus Fund, and I would like to say a big thanks to the  Quilters for doing this.   It was a wonderful show, and I too was in awe at the skill and application which I saw there.

Thanks.

MikeNewton

• Huge thank you from WTC to Quay Quilters who raised an utterly stunning £4500 towards the Minibus Fund!

Thanks from all at the Town Council Offices
  • The communty bus lives on. Will be good to see the new bus on the roads 
  • Hello. -  Jane has asked me to thank you all for your kind comments and queries which have been received following last weekend’s quilting exhibition.

currently there are not any plans for a further exhibition.  Quilts take a long time to make so the groups need to draw breath and recover from the recent one!

if another exhibition is planned It will be advertising it on the forum and around the village.

one or two queries have been received about buying quilts.  While commissions might be considered perhaps it should be pointed out that quilts are very expensive to make.

Thank you.