Bug Shack - revamp

The Bug Shack has been a great success for all that have used it but is now in need of some materials to replace what has loosened and disintegrated.

If anyone has any ideas or materials they can offer, pleas drop me or Debbie a pm or post on here and we can get in touch and do the work in time for the big hibernation.

Thanks.

Comments

• Glyn, can you detail some of the materials that might be useful?

• Glyn said:
    The Bug Shack has been a great success for all that have used it but is now in need of some materials to replace what has loosened and disintegrated.

If anyone has any ideas or materials they can offer, pleas drop me or Debbie a pm or post on here and we can get in touch and do the work in time for the big hibernation.

Thanks.

Glyn,

What materials do you need? What had you in mind?

Thanks.

Mike.

• Thanks Mike.

Logs, bamboo (for hibernating insects) and for cones. Maybe some fragments of ceramic tiles.

etc etc

Like so...
  • edited August 19
    Got a small pile of ceramic tiles you're welcome to @Glyn.
  • It could pass as a work of art.....
  • There is a fantastic bug shack in St Dunstans in the East, a WWII bombed out church near Tower Bridge. It stands about 5 ft high and about 2 ft wide.
  • My Bug Shack also needs a coat of something to protect the bamboo over the cold winter months. It has had Danish oil in the past, but over the years the black bamboo has faded, any suggestions/ donations? The bottom two apartments are still looking good after three years so nothing to change there! The length for any canes/logs....around 34cm. Thank you all for your help. FYI we had a robin make a nest behind the basket of cones last year, laid 4 eggs, plus bees setting up home in the logs!
  • Worth a replay...