John constable

Hey i have a john constable painting  was wondering wot it could b worth? Can anyone help me?

Comments

• Should be worth a copper or two   ;)
    Seriously though you need an expert to advise you ... good luck!
  • It's not The Haywain by any chance is it?
  • Are you sure it's not a print/reproduction?

if you feel it's a genuine constable, the only people locally worth checking with would be Reeman Dansie.

www.reemandansie.com
  • I also have a John Constable painting. He was the Great Grandson (or maybe GT GT Grandson) of the Haywain
    painter. Not quite sure if he's still alive as I'm sure he would be in his 80's and lived near Dedham. I knew him when we played squash together at the Uni.
  • elmfoot said:
    I also have a John Constable painting. He was the Great Grandson (or maybe GT GT Grandson) of the Haywain
    painter. Not quite sure if he's still alive as I'm sure he would be in his 80's and lived near Dedham. I knew him when we played squash together at the Uni.
    Gt Gt Grandson?

John Charles Philip Constable (1928-2002)

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/flatford/documents/constable-family-tree.pdf
  • edited August 14
    Reeman Dansie are selling one tomorrow in their general sale

Lot 101 John Charles Philip Constable (1928 - 2002), watercolour - Dedham Church, signed and dated '80, in gilt frame £40 - £60 

FYI

:)

Edit: to add lot number
  • Sorry to hear that John has passed away. Seems that I've been totally irresponsible in choosing friends
    who have departed this mortal coil far too early.
    Thanks to Jellyhead for that family tree. I found it fascinating..