The thoughts of Bernard Jenkin MP

Issued yesterday, these are the thoughts of Bernard Jenkin on what went wrong with the election strategy and where he thinks the Conservative Party should be heading. He has written it to present to the 1922 committee.

Many eyebrow raising moments, and not a word on Brexit negotiations...

http://www.bernardjenkin.com/latest-news/238-towards-a-better-conservative-party

Comments

• And, funny enough a possible WTC election.
    The old party machine creaks into gear, 
  • kstkst
    edited July 12
    RogerMainwood

We only seem to hear from you at possible election time.
    Are you a donor/benifactor  to the Labour Party ?
  • Goes on a bit doesn't it? Almost clinically grandiose. Thank the universe the Tories have Jenkins - where would they be without him?
  • kst said:
    RogerMainwood

We only seem to hear from you at possible election time.
    Are you a donor/benifactor  to the Labour Party ?

You've clearly not been paying attention to the forum over the last 7 years.
  • A bit rich coming from a person who doesn't appear to have tried to win the vote in Wivenhoe. Unfortunately, like most party politicians these days, I have little respect for him. I note his priorities are the party first and the people last; again, like most other party politicians of all hues.

• I'm not keen on the "plague on all their houses" perspective and believe there are many good MPs on all sides out there, along with some not so good ones, and maybe some that have become a little complacent due to the safety of their seats.... but to tar them all with the same brush is counter-productive because all it does is help disguise the wrong'uns.

I thought BJ's list of reasons for the Tory failure at the GE was quite thorough, but his primary conclusion appeared to be the creation of a Mission Statement. If that is the extent of the Tory post-election soul-searching then bring on the next election. :D