Wivenhoe Watching Wildlife - Cockaynes Reserve Walk - 15 July

As previously announced, WWW will be having a walk around Cockaynes Wood and Reserve on Saturday 15 July as our next event.

We will provide full details here on the Forum a day or two before, but it will be a morning event, probably starting at 10, and the meeting point will be at the reserve entrance (down the track just before the railway bridge on the way to Alresford. We hope that the car park will be unlocked for us so that we do not have to spend most of the event walking from Wivenhoe....

No booking is necessary, and it will as always be a free event, though donations to the Reserve Management programme would of course be gratefully accepted.

Comments

• edited July 14
    All welcome to join Wivenhoe watching wildlife at Cockaynes Wood nature reserve tomorrow, Saturday 15 July. 

Starts at 10.00 AM, and will finish by 13,00. Please meet at the reserve entrance, around the old gravel pit buildings and weighbridge. The gate will be opened to you can drive in and park close to the entrance: turn left while driving from Wivenhoe to Alresford immediately before the railway bridge, and the reserve entrance is a couple of hundred metres down that track.

We hope to concentrate on dragonflies, butterflies and other bugs and beasties, but of course we will not ignore anything we come across!

No booking is necessary, and it will as always be a free event, though donations to the Reserve Management programme would of course be gratefully accepted.

• Chris - Thanks very much for leading a party of us on a walk around part of the Cockaynes Wood community wild life site this morning.  It was really nice to be there and explore a small part of the reserve with you and listen to you sharing your knowledge and understanding of 'dragonflies, butterflies and other bugs and beasties' and lots more besides. 
    You helped me to increase my appreciation and knowledge of this nature reserve of which I have become a Director and Its Treasurer.
    Can I thank everyone who contributed £22.40 in the collection at the end of your walk. Contributions as this are always helpful.
    If anyone is interested in contributing some effort in helping to manage the 50+ acres of woods, ponds, meadows and walks, then please get in touch with me and join our Working Party on the first Sunday each month from 10am until 3pm (or what ever time you can spare). I will get your name added to our email group list and you will receive a reminder each month.

Peter Hill, Director & Treasurer, Cockaynes Wood Trust  email: peter@toadhall2.co.uk