Brass Band - Fete on the Field

Can anyone tell me who the brass band are who are playing at the end of Fete on the Field today, please?

They are rather fabulous, and although I'm probably far too late for this year, I'd like to get them to play at our Graduation celebrations at the University next year?

I'm assuming they are playing on KGV because I can hear them in my garden....?!!!

Many thanks

Maz

Comments

• It may be the Colchester Brass Band, playing in the Rectory garden in Belle Vue rd - if you're anywhere near there.
  • I am sure Marika is right.

We did not have a brass band at Fete on the Field.

Thanks.

MikeNewton

• mazmaz
    edited July 1
    Marika said:
    It may be the Colchester Brass Band, playing in the Rectory garden in Belle Vue rd - if you're anywhere near there.
    Ah, that's who it was. Rather impressive Last Night of the Proms later on.

Thank you, I shall go find details on t'interweb.
  • It was a smashing evening, and Maz you are right they were great! The conductor (apologies I didn't catch his name) did a great job of keeping the crowd entertained between pieces with stories, anecdotes and a few jokes and the crowd were tapping their feet and singing along. I can highly recommend it as a great evenings entertainment.

They'll be back next year and I'm sure they and the church would appreciate more support. I would estimate a turn out of about 50 people. Lovely atmosphere.