Recommendations for youth activities

Does anyone have any recommendations for activities or events going on for teenagers the next several weeks? I have a cousin visiting from the US, and while he's quite capable of hanging out with adults, it might be fun for him to spend time with people his own age once in a while! Unfortunately I have not been "with it" for many years by now :) so if anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Is lighting fires in the woods, smoking cigs, and loitering while looking surly out of the question?
  • Gribble said:
    Is lighting fires in the woods, smoking cigs, and loitering while looking surly out of the question?
    No real need for that comment.

• Signals in Colchester is good and often has classes and sessions for teenagers. Similarly Firstsite might offer some possibilities. Lots of festivals on right now. The comic shop in Colchester is a good place to hang out. Depends what they are into, really.
  • The Mercury Theatre have a programme of events young people can get involved in. Go to their website for further info.
  • Also look at website:  youth.essex.gov.uk

• Gribble said:
    Is lighting fires in the woods, smoking cigs, and loitering while looking surly out of the question?

Don't worry, it's mostly just my husband trolling me as he tends to do in real life, too ;)

Thanks everyone for the recommendations!
  • Gribble said:

But it was amusing, which I suspect was the intention.