Wivenhoe Open Air Shakespeare 2017 presents The Merchant of Venice

Wivenhoe Open Air Shakespeare return with a fresh take on a classic play with some themes that are still very relevant today.

Tickets will be available at Toad Hall during Open Gardens weekend 20/21st May - and in Fleur Parfair and the Wivenhoe Bookshop from 23rd May afterwards. More details on the Facebook event page.

Comments

• All tickets for the Saturday evening performance of "The Merchant of Venice" now sold out.  A few left for the Saturday matinee.
    You can still get tickets for earlier in the week.

We're on Rectory Hill this year - go to the end of Belle Vue Road (walking away from the Co-op) then turn right and it's a couple of gates down on the right in the garden behind the house called "Corbiere".  Chairs will be provided. And a bar.
  • Tickets still on sale at Fleur Parfait and Wivenhoe Bookshop. Such a great play performed by an enthusiastic cast. Wish I could watch it but I am otherwise disposed! 
  • edited June 16
    I believe Friday and Saturday night are sold out and other performances are fast approaching this. 

I bought 2 tickets for the matinee on Saturday 24th June at 2pm which are not required now (I had to change the day) so if you would like them - same price £7.50 per ticket - PM me. 

Hazel
  • My Sat Mat tickets are now taken. There's a few remaining tickets at the bookshop and Fleur Parfait so don't miss out. First night tomorrow.
  • An enjoyable show.  Suggest you take some warm things as it can cool down later, and some mossie protection...!  :)