Martin Newell in Word and Song at the Cong

Tickets on sale now.

It is a genteel Saturday afternoon affair so no need to book late carriages. ;-)

Comments

• Bumpity bump.

Some posters will start going up soon. Tickets on sale at post offices and Wiv book shop. It will be nice to have a gig when the church doesn't smell of beer afterwards... ;-)
  • Hi folks. Some may have seen this on Facebook etc but here is a gentle reminder that the more genteel alternative to other musical events going on this weekend is this one. I'll post again later in the week if Martin reveals some of what he is likely to perform, but you can expect it to be a nicely balanced showcase of his talent.

Martin will soon be scaling down his live events so this may be a last chance of sorts to see the man at his home gig.

His latest "Oddcast" can be listened to here: https://www.mixcloud.com/Martinnewelloddcast/martins-newells-oddcast-show-10-the-jangling-man/
  • Good news
  • Attended a little workout with Martin at the church on Tuesday evening as he tinkled away on the piano and it sounded great.

He'll be on form as this is one of a final flurry of gigs before he takes an "indefinite" break from live performing.

So last chance for who knows how long for a close-up with the Bard. It will be lovely to see you. Tickets still from either newsagent or Wiv Book Shop.
  • Copied from Martin's Facebook page - with a cheeky nod toward implied Wivenhoe's quirky culture ;-)

FORTY-odd  YEARS ON
    Home town gig next. Wivenhoe. Where the burglars don't actually nick anything, they just break in and criticise each other's watercolours.  Saturday Afternoon. I'm at the Congregation Hall, between 3 and 5pm Doors open 2.30pm.. Piano, guitar, some rhymes and some of the cleaner yarns (because we're in the Lord's house) Very lightly amplified, if at all)  Looking forward to seeing both of you. It's only about a fiver. Well chuffin' cheap!
  • Who is he ?
  • Yes, I remember now.
    Banned or left the forum, so now posted by an ex-moderator ?
  • @kst, we look forward to seeing you on the day. Will you still be wearing your cloak (of anonymity) or will we know who you are from the quality of your incisive wit...?
  • Break your own rules then.
  • @Glyn is a much valued mod. He hasn't broken any rules - he is simply plugging a local event.
  • OK, Hands off then.
  • Really looking forward to this!
  • Apologies for these remarks. They were not made by me,but by someone using my computer and without  my knowledge. I have changed my password and the person responsible s in doubt about how angry I am. 

lyn said:
    @kst, we look forward to seeing you on the day. Will you still be wearing your cloak (of anonymity) or will we know who you are from the quality of your incisive wit...?
    Jason said:
    @Glyn is a much valued mod. He hasn't broken any rules - he is simply plugging a local event.