What is going on?

In the bath this evening had someone ringing and banging on the door (about 9.20pm) got out the bath and there was a package on the doorstep, ooo what is this? I opened it with caution with a stick it was the Koran! i could have broke me neck  tripping on that dark package!  Never experienced that before not sure if it was friend or foe, so be careful who you open your door too. A strange way of making contact if it was friendly.

Comments

• Not sure if this is related but on 3 separate evenings around 7 to 7.30 pm, had a man, around 5 10 tall, mid 40's, slim build, beard, wearing casual jacket and trousers, satchel or similar across the body, looked quite full, the satchel, ringing our door bell. We do not let any one in unless we recognise them. Have an alarm system which tells us if anyone is on the drive, and a camera which allows us to see the person. No note left in letterbox. We live in the High Street. Any one any ideas?
  • This is weird! I've just had a young man knock at the door (9.15pm) saying he was from the British Heart Foundation. I've never had chuggers this late before. He had some kind of ID round his neck but I was home alone and didn't keep the door open long enough to have a good look.
  • There were a couple of young ladies wearing British Heart Foundation t-shirt in Bobbits Way around 5pm so this may be genuine.
  • This chap was not young. Couldn't see if he had ID round his neck.
  • The other guy could be the Amnesty International man who has been doing the rounds over the last few weeks. Think his name is Eric. 
  • 9.20pm with a copy of the Koran left on the doorstep was very strange, if a Christian left a bible on a Muslim's doorstep that could be seen as racial abuse, perhaps this was an attempt at radicalisation........
  • 9.20pm with a copy of the Koran left on the doorstep was very strange, if a Christian left a bible on a Muslim's doorstep that could be seen as racial abuse, perhaps this was an attempt at radicalisation........

• British Heart Foundation had a big presence in the High Street this afternoon, a group of about 6 door knocking.  They looked very determined, so can believe they were still out at 9.15, but as you say, unusual.
  • Julie Young was out too. 
  • As were the Brightlingsea Catholics.

All of which goes to show we have an active and vibrant community. :)