County Council Elections, a proposal

Would any of the prospective candidates like to comment on the following proposal please:-

Will Essex County Council agree to adopt the University Road or agree to pay a percentage of the upkeep thus allowing the general public to use this facility which would relieve the ever increasing tail backs, and not only at rush hours times.

It would additionally have to reduce pollution from all the static/slow moving traffic which would benefit all including the students.

Comments

• This proposal presupposes that opening Boundary Road to all traffic would be an unambiguous improvement.  It is likely that the congestion would simply move to the  roundabout at the junction of Elmstead Road with Colne Causeway.  Because priority is to traffic from the right the buses sometimes have to wait to leave Elmstead Road and if there were a lot more traffic trying to do this then there would be tail backs.  This would be likely to disrupt the bus timetable.
  • Should have been as a condition when the access from Clingoe Hill was approved.
  • Has the proposer ever tried to get out of Elmstead Rd onto the roundabout at busy times?

Most Wiv motorists who think it a bright idea to reopen Boundary Rd have no (or no recent) experience of this reality! Whereas Wiv bus users know about it well enough.............
  • peterkay said:
    Has the proposer ever tried to get out of Elmstead Rd onto the roundabout at busy times?

Most Wiv motorists who think it a bright idea to reopen Boundary Rd have no (or no recent) experience of this reality! Whereas Wiv bus users know about it well enough.............
    Depends if you are going left or right.
  • I am not a prospective councillor, so forgive me for saying that this is one of the worst ideas I have ever seen on this forum. In addition, although a static car may cause more pollution, I would love to see evidence that this
    proposal would overall cause less harm. Lastly, the general public can use the roads through the university. I regularly catch the bus, walk or cycle and the lack of cars is great.
  • kst said:
    peterkay said:
    Has the proposer ever tried to get out of Elmstead Rd onto the roundabout at busy times?

Depends if you are going left or right.
    Why can't buses coming from Tesco to Wivenhoe/Uni turn into the blocked off entrance to  Elmstead Rd  instead of building up traffic at the roundabout ?