WILLING TO OPEN YOUR GARDEN?

As you know Wivenhoe Open Gardens is a popular event, giving a lot of pleasure, and it also raises money for local good causes.  It would be good to recruit some more people who would be willing to show off their gardens this year.  The gardens need not be large and some people only open on one of the two days.  From the gardeners’ point of view this can also be great fun (I have done it in the past), with the chance to talk to people from Wivenhoe and elsewhere and possibly to exchange gardening tips.  Wivenhoe is usually the first place to have an Open Gardens event and people come from quite far afield.

The event is scheduled for Saturday 20  & Sunday 21 May, opening hours 11am to 5pm.

If you think you would like to do this then contact Pat Smith on 825622.  Replies are needed by 31 March for gardens to be included in the programme.

Comments

• Another posting to bring this to people's attention.  It will soon be 31 March.  Please if you think you could do this phone Pat or send me a PM and I will pass the message on and answer any queries as best I can.