River Bank Clean Up

Thanks to everybody who came along and supported the River Bank Clean Up this morning. In a joint venture involving Wivenhoe Society, Wivenhoe Canoe & Kayak Club, Tesco's Hythe Community Group, Wivenhoe Scouts and Guides, more than seventy people gathered enough rubbish to fill the 12 yard waste container generously donated by Eastern Waste Disposal of Brightlingsea.

Altogether a magnificent turn out and community powered activity that has improved the river environment in Wivenhoe.    

Comments

• Well done everyone 
  • Fantastic event! 

Can someone remind me how often this happens and when the next one might be?
  • Glyn said:
    Fantastic event! 

Can someone remind me how often this happens and when the next one might be?

Glyn.

The next clean up is scheduled for Sunday 8th October 2017

• Many thanks.

We may well be away but I have an idea I'd like to discuss to make the best of the exercise.

Will post on this thread once I have developed it.
  • Thank you for organising it, it is an enjoyable community event for everyone, lots of families, dogs and children out in the fresh air together getting muddy with purpose!
  • We've just had a walk back from the Hythe along the trail, and what a pleasure it was not to be surrounded by carelessly discarded bottles/ takeaway wrappers and other unsightly rubbish. Well done all of the team that 'cleared up' last weekend☺

However there was a pile of several large blue sacks ( presumably full of the collected litter) still on the path at the Hythe end. Are these going to be collected and disposed of soon? ( before they become vandalised or ripped open  by foxes etc). That would be such a shame after all the hard work!