Lost sole

My visitor lost her boot this weekend - possibly Walter Radcliffe or St Johns. She's hopping mad so please keep an eye open for this lost sole. 

Comments

• Sounds fishy ...
  • More spiritual and sad...
  • At the risk of stating the obvious: how do you 'lose' a boot...?
  • There is a lonely boot lying directly opposite the fish and chip shop. It has blue laces at least.
  • Sorrel said:
    There is a lonely boot lying directly opposite the fish and chip shop. It has blue laces at least.

How appropriate! As Pete said .... very fishy! Had they been yellow laces it might have been a lemon sole ;)

• If found, I do think it should be left in plaice. 
  • No no – then the poor visitor would have to flounder about with only one boot ...
  • It may all turn out to be a red herring and give folk something to carp on about
  • OK - I'll say it. This is a load of cobblers.
  • Glyn said:
    OK - I'll say it. This is a load of cobblers.
    Glyn said:
    OK - I'll say it. This is a load of cobblers.
    To be more crass, a load of pollocks !!
  • I know people make puns like this just for the halibut, but if we could just stop and concentrate on finding the lost item that would be brill 
  • Was it a sole and eel?
  • The sole and eel and uppers are still there opposite the chip shop looking increasingly desolate!  I'm pretty certain it's a dirtier version of the photographed boot. Go rescue!
  • Sorrel said:
    There is a lonely boot lying directly opposite the fish and chip shop. It has blue laces at least.
    I thought it wasn't the boot but only a similar blue lace? Did you take it in and feed it?
  • Hey, put a sock in it, will you?
  • I normally deal with the lost soles but for this one, I might need a trainer. Rev Justin