My Feral Heart

Next film from Moving Image is MY FERAL HEART on Tuesday 21 March at 7.30pm in the William Loveless Hall

My Feral Heart is a deep and thoughtful portrait of disability.  It  follows Luke, an independent young man with Down syndrome, whose life changes when he is forced to live in a care home.  Unused to institutional constraints, he sneaks out and makes important new friendships which lead to a surprising turn of events. Luke is played brilliantly by Steven Brandon, an Essex-based actor with Down Syndrome. He won nominations for Best Actor and Most Promising Newcomer at the 2016 British Independent Film Awards. It has a 100% rating from critics on the website Rotten Tomatoes, which averages top critics’ ratings. It is an independent, low-budget film which had limited release, but was included in several critics’ lists of best films in 2016, and we are pleased to be able to show it on World Down’s Syndrome Day, 21 March.

We are presenting a special screening of this film on World Down Syndrome Day and £1 from each ticket will be going as a donation to the Down Syndrome Research Foundation in support of the ‘Don’t Screen Us Out’ campaign.

Tickets will be on sale on the door as usual but it is possible on this occasion to pre-book tickets online here

Comments

• I've just been checking our copy of My Feral Heart for the screening on Tuesday.  I didn't mean to watch it but couldn't help being drawn in.  It's got several thoughtful, moving storylines yet manages to seem entirely natural and unforced.  A really excellent film from Essex.