Wivenhoe Brunch at Farmers' Market, 18 March

The Farmer's Market next Saturday at the Congregational Hall is extending to also include the Wivenhoe Brunch:

--

"Locally sourced waffles, sausage, egg and bacon rolls, other savories and cakes and a range of hot drinks. Come and try before you buy at the Farmers' Market itself the ultimate test of quality and value. The meat is from Primrose Pork and Willow Farm Biodynamic, the waffles and rolls are from the Norwegian Baker, there will be local jam, pastries and cakes, and fresh filter coffee, a range of teas, hot choc, local apple juice."

Any profits from the event will go to support the setting up of a Wivenhoe Food Bank.

The event runs from 9:30am - 12:30pm.

Comments

• Yum!  :)
  • From Norwegian Baker's Facebook page: I'm going to do a Vegan stall this Saturday at Wivenhoe Farmers Market including cinnamon swirls and custard buns.

For those who missed them at the pancake. night!
  • Calling all Vegans!

Just seen this from the Norwegian Bakers on Facebook:

Looking forward to the first Marks Tey Car Boot Sale tomorrow. Jessika is baking a vegan range including custard buns (without any cow's milk!), cinnamon swirls and tomato, olive and hazelnut, as well as the usual. We'll have all these at Hadleigh Market on Friday too. We're going completely vegan at the farmers market at Wivenhoe Congregational Church.

Go on - treat yourself.
  • Wivenhoe Congregational Church
    High St, Wivenhoe, Colchester CO7 9AB
    01206 626091

• Weather will be dry tomorrow but not as warm as of late.

Probably a good day to have a Saturday brunch with food that hasn't travelled halfway round the world in a plastic wrapper.

You know it makes sense. See you there.
     :) 

• See you there.
    I will be there from 9.30 if anyone wishes to talk to me in person or as your councillor!
  • GrOOvy craft will be having a go at Lace making ( in between eating bacon butties ) please pop in and try your hand......2 over 3, 3 and 4 over 2, 1 over 2, double twist to the left, right?
  • Does anyone have the details of the man with the soap he was selling?  Wishing l'd bought some now. 
  • @Kathleen I wasn't there, but was is Colne Soap?
  • edited March 19
    Jason, that is correct. The gent's name is Christian.

Yes, the soaps are superb and much longer lasting than people might think.