Mayor's Fund Events 2017 - 2018

The new Mayoral Year will start in mid May, and we will be holding a series of events to raise money for the Mayor's Fund.

I will be putting events on the Forum as our plans progress, and updating it as plans are firmed up.

Our current plans are as follows:

Saturday 20 May  Tea with the Team.  Family friendly tea party. Venue TBA.

Saturday 27 May  Sale Trail and Table-top sale.  Various venues.

Sunday 28 May  Beating the Bounds (and other ancient customs). Various venues.

Monday 29 May 'Metal Monday', including music concert.  Various venues.

Saturday 10 June  Yeomanry Band Concert. Venue TBA.

Saturday 1 July  Fete on the Field. KGV Playing Field.

I hope you will all be able to support these and future events as they happen, because all money raised will be put back into our Community.

Thanks.

MikeNewton

Comments

• Who is the new Mayor ? Would be good to know
  •  Mike Newton will be in May

• The new Mayor

• Sorry, should have owned up!

MikeNewton

• Darth Vader: "Luke I know what you have got for Christmas".

Luke Skywalker: "How could you possibly know that".

Darth Vader: "I've felt your presents".

• Sorry, should have owned up!

MikeNewton

Should also have said that I did once fly to new York with C3PO, but that was on Virgin Atlantic.

Thanks.

MikeNewton

• Latest news on planned events is as follows:

Sunday 21 May 2017 (4pm - 8pm)

Meet the Mayor Afternoon Tea, Wivenhoe Cricket Club, Rectory Road CO7 9SR.

All welcome, complimentary high tea with full cash bar open, Raffle in aid of the Mayor's Fund.

Saturday 27 May 2017  (all day)

Sale trail and table top sale.  Sell from your own house or garage, and be put in our guide, or sell from a central point. Call 07704 947288, for further details.

Sunday 28 May 2017 (morning)

Beating the Bounds.  Walk the boundary of our Parish with experienced guides, and find out about this ancient custom. Families and school groups especially welcome.  Collection in aid of the Mayor's fund.

Monday 29 May 2017 (morning)

Metal Monday. Donate your old scrap metal and small appliances. It will be collected and recycled.  A joint operation between the Mayor's Fund and Wivenhoe Repair Reuse Recycle CIC.  More information soon about how you can register for this, or call 07704 947288.

Watch out for our Facebook pages, which will be up and running shortly.

Thanks.

MikeNewton

• I just love a high tea...   :)
  • I've been asked to publish this reminder of the Meet the Mayor afternoon tea at the Cricket Club on 21 May.

Saturday 27 May 2017  (all day)

Sale trail and table top sale.  Sell from your own house or garage, and be put in our guide, or sell from a central point. Call 07704 947288, for further details

Thanks.

MikeNewton

I keep getting the answering service for this but no follow up after leaving a message....?
  • All,

The plans for the planned events are moving forward!

I've received some 'Yorkshire Tea' today from Taylors of Harrogate, by way of sponsorship for the afternoon tea next Sunday.

The telephone number above is now up and running, and I will change the message on it.  Sorry about the confusion.

if you wish to participate in the Wivenhoe Sale Trail, all we ask is for a £5.00 donation to the Mayor's Fund, and your table will be included in a map or listing to be given out on the day.  If you wish to sell at a central point, that will cost you £10.00 for a table. Venue details TBC.

If you wish to participate in Metal Monday, similar arrangements.  Let us have your address.  We will collect all metal and wire scrap (but sorry no Fridges), and any small appliances (working or not).  If they are working, please bag them. All we require is a donation to the Mayor's Fund on the day.  Bigger amount, bigger donation, hopefully!! All scrap will be sold (legally) and all money raised will be divided between the Mayor's Fund and Wivenhoe Repair Reuse Recycle CIC.  We have the necessary Environment Agency permits to move scrap.

Please use 07704 947288, and we will have a Facebook and Hotmail presence in the next 48 hours.

Thanks.

MikeNewton

• edited May 17

All,

The Wivenhoe Sale Trail will happen on Saturday 27 May, and you can have a stall at your own home, garage or garden for a £5.00 donation, or a table at the William Loveless Hall for £10.00.  All donations to the Mayor's Fund.

We will also be having a craft fair area within the William Loveless Hall.  £10.00 per table.

Thanks.

MikeNewton

• To respond to the enquiry on a separate thread.

This is on the Bank Holiday weekend.

Today's weather is a reminder that it can rain.  If it does, we will have a contingency plan to get people undercover.

Reminder too that we will have a craft section in the WLH space, and would encourage any crafters to give it a try.  If you like it and if it is successful, we will look at running a full blown craft fair indoors in the autumn.  We are also still planning a craft tent at the 'Fete on the Field' on 1 July.

Thanks.

MikeNewton

• Jason said:
    I've been asked to publish this reminder of the Meet the Mayor afternoon tea at the Cricket Club on 21 May.

Remember that the tea party takes place today at the Cricket Club. Look forward to meeting people for a chat.

I may see some of you at the open gardens too.

Have a great day!

Thanks.

MikeNewton

• All,

A big thank you to everybody who came up to the Cricket Club yesterday.  Wonderful weather and a great time.

A special thanks to all the local businesses who donated gifts for the raffle, which enabled us to kick start the Mayor's Fund for the 2017 - 2018 year.

Thanks again.

MikeNewton

• A reminder that the Wivenhoe Sale Trail happens Saturday.

On Sunday we have Beating the Bounds.  Please assemble at the rear of the WTC offices at 9:45.  Thanks.

Monday, we have 'Metal Monday', when we will come and collect your scrap metal, wire and small appliances and turn them into cash to help the Mayor's Fund and Wivenhoe Repair Reuse Recycle CIC.

Call or text 07704 947288 to register for these events or for more information.  Contact details on poster above.

Thanks.

MikeNewton