Car MOT recommendations

Can folk recommend a good place to get an MOT done please?
I just realised that the first one is due on my car in just under two weeks time and my usual garage is fully booked until the beginning of April!

Many thanks in advance

Kay

Comments

• FEARNLEY MOTORS
    Old Ipswich Rd,
    Ardleigh,
    Colchester
    CO7 7QR
    01206 231374
  • I've found Wivenhoe Garage in High St. very good, but have also used Alresford Garage & Thorrington Garage (which is conveniently the MOT testing centre!), and found both very good.  Good luck!
  • I always use Universal on the hythe, excellent service and good price as lot cheaper than many garages
  • Not saying it is true of Universal, but cheap MOT's are used to pull in customers. Potentially they make up for the cheap mot's with inferior parts or inflated labour rates/times. Just saying be careful.

And why are we going to Hythe, Ardleigh Thorrington when we already have two in the town?

• What is the going rate for an MOT in the Colchester area? Mine is due soon.
  • I have excellent service from Wivenhoe Autos in Elmstead Road, up past the Flag. Always very obliging. Can usually fit my car in within a few days. Always use them for MOT and servicing. I feel that they are not expensive.
  • PeterH said:
    I have excellent service from Wivenhoe Autos in Elmstead Road, up past the Flag. Always very obliging. Can usually fit my car in within a few days. Always use them for MOT and servicing. I feel that they are not expensive.

I agree completely with Peter.  I have used them for years now (as has my family) for a variety of vehicles of many different makes, prestige cars, sports cars, ordinary cars, vans of different sizes, 4x4's, the whole lot.

They are always helpful and accommodating and not too expensive.

Thanks.

MikeNewton

• And just make sure I am even-handed, and in the spirit of Wivenhoefirst,  I am also very happy to recommend Ian at the Wivenhoe Garage at Cedrics. I used to use them a lot. It was very convenient to drop the car off on my way to catch a train. Always extremely helpful and never felt they took advantage. 
  • Many thanks to everyone for the replies. I had thought the same thing about going local, so have booked in with the Wivenhoe Garage (opposite the Co-op). It made more sense as I was thinking about it, as I can drop the car off and then walk home from there, saving the need to either hang about or bribe someone to pick me up!
  • Car had the MOT day today ... lovely chap in the garage, lovely walk fro and to in the sunshine and the car passed. It's all good!
  • Hurrah!   :)