BREXIT: The decision has been made but the debate continues ...

BREXIT:  The decision has been made but the debate continues ...

Monday 23 January 2017  18:00 - 19:45 hrs

The School of Law invites you to join the debate and put your questions to our panel of experts.

The impact of Brexit will be far reaching. Our panel of experts will answer your questions on a range of issues such as the UK constitution, our union with Scotland, our economy, our relationship with Europe, our human rights and so on …

Members of the public, students and staff are all welcome to attend. Dr. Tom Cornford, Senior Lecturer at the School of Law will chair the discussion.

The event will commence in the Ivor Crewe with a drinks reception from 6pm followed by the debate at 6.30pm.

Event closes at 7.45 pm

For further information and to reserve your free place please go to:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/brexit-the-decision-has-been-made-but-the-debate-continues-tickets-30949768591

Comments

• Many experts are biased in their attitude towards Brexit - i wonder if that will be the case here also?
  • Indeed. I sometimes wonder how much progress will be prevented by the apparent current trend towards post-Truth hatred of "experts"? How many mistakes will be made as a result and how much medical progress might be held back due to lack of funding for "elite experts" rather than "looking after our own".
  • My point is, with so many experts having conflicting views, WHO decides which ones we believe, and which do we dismiss?
    In the end we still have to investigate the issues for ourselves, and not rely on what may well be the vested interests of those so keen to 'advise' us.
  • edited January 13
    Yes - erm how exactly do you gather your pure empirical evidence on a subject without educating yourself on the subject which involves listening to and reading the work of experts who have worked for years in the area in question?

It's kind of difficult to understand economic science for example without studying the work of economic scientists.

I find blind prejudice tends to be much easier to rely on in those circumstances.
  • It'll be red, white, blue and grey too. It'll be hard or soft, and will result in Parliament controlling everything again, apart from those things they can't control. Oh, and Brexit means Brexit.

What more can you possibly want to know?

• adrian said:
    It'll be red, white, blue and grey too. It'll be hard or soft, and will result in Parliament controlling everything again, apart from those things they can't control. Oh, and Brexit means Brexit.

What more can you possibly want to know?

Or "breakfast" remember.