Welcome to Wivenhoe Forum v2.3

edited December 2016 in Forum Feedback
Old v2.2 thread is here

Welcome, everyone, to a new dawn: v2.3

This is the latest and most secure version of Vanilla's forum software. You can read the full release notes here.

Hopefully everything will run smoothly and you won't notice any changes or security fixes as a user. The main difference is the forum software no longer supporters older versions of PHP so should be more secure.

As a little bonus I finally fixed the blurry avatar problem, so if you resave yours it should now show up nice and clear :)
All you non-avatar-havers are now graced with a little face instead.

If you do encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread. It is vitally important that you provide the following information to help me fix it:
  • Operating System (including version)
  • Browser (including version)
  • A link to the page affected (if applicable)
  • A screenshot of the problem (if applicable or you deem it necessary)
  • Details on how to replicate the problem (if applicable)
Please follow these guidelines when doing so.

And, as always, you can refer to @Jason's super helpful guide to our 'new' look which you can find over here.

Comments

• @mikep - may be realted to this. I no longer seem to be able to access the forum through Microsoft Edge (although fine through IE).

When I try through Edge I get SORRY! and then a set of possible options, including server misconfiguration and IP address change....

• Hi @ChrisGibson, as part of the upgrade we were moved to a new server by our webhost, which means some users' browsers may still be pointing them to the old server for a while. To fix this, simply clear your browser's cache.

If the problem still persists, give me another shout and i'll take a further look for you.
  • Thanks @mikep ....that's sorted it!
  • For some reason I can no longer stay logged onto the forum on my ipad and have to log on every time.  
  • Daisy said:
    For some reason I can no longer stay logged onto the forum on my ipad and have to log on every time.  
    Are you using private browsing mode?
    Have you ticked 'stay logged in'?
  • No to the first question and yes to the second.
  • Can you make sure cookies are enabled on Safari please?

You can do this by going to the Settings app, select Safari, then select 'Accept Cookies' and then select 'from Visited'
  • Cookies were already enabled as described. 
  • Sorry Daisy, there's not much more I can suggest!
  • Thanks anyway Mike. If I find a cure I will let you know. D
  • How do I sign out on my phone?
  • KHam said:
    How do I sign out on my phone?
    If you select the 'burger' menu at the top (three horizontal lines) then swipe down within that box the 'sign out' button will appear.

It's certainly something that could do with looking at with the next big update!
  • Daisy said:
    For some reason I can no longer stay logged onto the forum on my ipad and have to log on every time.  
     yesterday I started having this problem on my iPad... seems to have gone away after force closing safari (double press home button, swipe safari app up to dismiss, re open safari), fingers crossed.  Never had that issue before.  Threw me out several times within an hour.  So maybe a Safari bug not a forum one?  I've had several Safari crashes in recent months, so I think it is more buggy now than it once was.