Cockaynes Wood Winter Walk

I've been asked to post the following information about a walk on Saturday in Cockaynes Wood, 11am - 2pm.

Comments

• Sounds like a good thing to do as a break from the Christmas shopping. Make it even better by leaving your car at home and taking an off road route to the event. Here is the link to a route I suggested last time   
  • An alternate route from the bottom of the town is to walk out on the seawall towards Alresford. Turn first left following the raised sheep path to cross the old Brightlingsea line then up the hill to the Alresford Road. Cross the road and turn right, walk in the wide grass verge and take the first public footpath on your left. This takes you across the railway (one of the crossings Network Rail wants to close) directly to the nature reserve. 

Do not be tempted to turn left when you reach the Alresford Road. The road is too busy and dangerous as there is no footpath on the railway bridge. This unacceptably dangerous road route via the bridge is Network Rail's safer alternative to the rail crossing.

I've updated Mike's map to show the walking paths, blue from the sea wall, yellow is the route in my original post.