Ease of use

Hi there,

I am guessing there are many users here who check the forum daily... or more.... but for peeps such as I who sometimes remember to have a look in every couple of weeks I was wondering if there is a way to be able to organise the info from most recent as it has defaulted to oldest first. So as lovely as it is to see all the old postings about the animals of Wivenhoe or discussions re road improvements from 2011... it would be much handier to see the most recent posting that has caused the topic to pop up again. Am I missing a sort button? My apologies if it's user error it's just time consuming going through 20 pages of information to get to the most current and relevant information.

Thank you for any help!!

Kelly

Comments

• Hi Kelly

My posts seem to be automatically sorted in "Latest first" order although I don't remember setting anything up for it to work that way! I'm sure that someone clever who knows about these things like @Jason will be along soon to advise!

• Thanks Savvy.... I thought there must be a way!!

I await Jason with anticipation!
  • @skippy You have to be signed in to see it but there is a little cog wheel symbol top right in the blue bar. Click on that and click 'mark all viewed'
    Now your posts should default to the most recent.
  • @skippy if you are signed in, the default view is for all new content to be filtered to appear at the top of the forum.
  • But it doesn't...I am currently signed in.. If I click on the Brexit discussion for example it gives me the first page not the most recent... Sorry am being thick?!
  • Horsey1 said:
    But it doesn't...I am currently signed in.. If I click on the Brexit discussion for example it gives me the first page not the most recent... Sorry am being thick?!
    It will automatically take you to the most recent unread post.
  • @Horsey1 have you previously accessed any content on that thread?

You will be taken to the first new, unread post.
  • Horsey1 we have the same problem. I think the solution presented above might do the job

Marika
    @skippy You have to be signed in to see it but there is a little cog wheel symbol top right in the blue bar. Click on that and click 'mark all viewed'
    Now your posts should default to the most recent.

About to give it a go....

• Hmm doesn't seem to have worked.... I'm still getting oldest posts first...any ideas guys?

• I'm glad someone else raised this as I had been meaning to for a while! 

Within in a discussion it always has the original oldest comment first so on long discussions, you have to go through pages to find the latest comment. It would be great to have a setting to be able to sort comments by most recent.