Wivenhoe Library and Citizen's Advice Bureau

This is very decent, albeit coming out of a very sad event:

"Wivenhoe library is now open on Wednesday from 10am to 12:30pm, and 1:30pm to 4:30pm. Celia Hirst, in her will, made a donation to the Citizens Advice Bureau with a request that the money be used to provide a CAB presence for the village. As a result, the CAB in conjunction with the Town Council, have organised that two volunteers, Richard and Lewis, are available to offer help and advise and also run the library, providing an extra opening day."

Comments

• Brilliant news!
  • I mean about the valuable donation of course.
  • Excellent news about the service.  CAB do valuable work, and it's great to have them here where hopefully people won't have to queue up outside the door before they open.
  • 'Other arms reach out to me
    Other eyes smile tenderly
    Still in peaceful dreams I see
    The road leads back to you'

• Her tree sprang into flower this week.
  • I remember Celia Hirst very well. What a wonderful thing to do
  • What a great legacy. Celia, a mate over many years, she is much missed
  • The Facebook post before this had me slightly confused: Criticism for Cllr Neil Lodge of WTC. I'm not entirely sure what for to be honest.
  • If there are going to be two CAB people to run both the advice side and the library side, I think they could probably do with some assistance from other volunteers while they attend to problems.

How about further extending Celia's legacy by thinking in that direction?
  • edited May 2016
    Any project needs facilitating to happen, even when a generous bequest makes a great thing possible.  
    Moderator, I think the above remarks are personal attacks and should be moderated.
    I am delighted that Celia's legacy has come to fruition.  
  • I agree with Rosalind.  Very personal and unnecessary.  
  • Rosalind said:
    Any project needs facilitating to happen, even when a generous bequest makes a great thing possible.  
    Moderator, I think the above remarks are personal attacks and should be moderated.
    I am delighted that Celia's legacy has come to fruition.  

" I think the above remarks are personal attacks and should be moderated "

Oh dear, some people don't like to be caught out

• Rosalind has told the moderators that she has removed the Facebook post and has asked for it to be removed from the Forum also.
    The moderators agree that this is appropriate. A number of associated posts have also been deleted.
  • I look forward to seeing her apology on this forum then.
  • There are still similar claims on Twitter, can these be removed too?

• A reminder of the Citizens Advice Bureau open Wednesdays volunteer hours: 10am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 4pm
    I remember finding it very difficult to get an appointment at Clacton and Colchester CAB, so I am delighted we have this service, which has a wide catchment area and is close to the train line and bus routes.
    It also means the library is open on Wednesdays for basic borrowing and returning. Win win.