Posting of private information

edited April 2016 in Forum Feedback
Just a reminder from the ToU's about posting up the personal details of other people:

"Please don’t share the details of anyone else publicly. Any posts that request the personal details of someone else will now be moderated. No strikes will be recorded against the name of the user."

@Junius / @ChristopherT - you haven't been "censored." You broke the rules of the forum.

That is a VERY strange blog you have there, btw.

Comments

• Obviously if anyone wants to PM their pin numbers and bank account numbers, I will ensure those details don't make it onto the Forum.

If the authorities want to know what I'm up to, tell them "it's a private matter".

• The money was just resting in a Panamanian account......
  • Jason said:
    Just a reminder from the ToU's about posting up the personal details of other people:

"Please don’t share the details of anyone else publicly. Any posts that request the personal details of someone else will now be moderated. No strikes will be recorded against the name of the user."

@Junius / @ChristopherT - you haven't been "censored." You broke the rules of the forum.

It is completely unacceptable that this man posts (incorrect) Councillor contact details on a blog which is plainly calculated to be offensive to other Councillors and to members of our community.

It goes without saying that I do not wish to be associated with any opinions, expressed or implied, by this man's blog.

I accept that (some of) my contact details are in the public domain, that goes with the territory, but the correct place to find those details is of course the WTC website.

If anybody wishes to contact me on any legitimate matter, then please do so, but any frivolous or offensive calls will be dealt with robustly.

Thanks.

MikeNewton

• Jason said:

VERY strange indeed.

I don't know Mark Cory... But I'm really warming to him.

He looks like he had a right laugh in his Uni days but obviously held it together enough to get qualified, get a job and go on to do work in the community.

I'd cross the road to avoid the bloke that runs that blog though. Not only is it very strange but pretty distasteful.
  • I have advised the person who writes that blog that I will no longer support his campaign for "Wivenhoe independence".

I remain open to the idea if that is what the vast majority of residents want. But it has become increasingly clear to me that this wasn't about the greater good of the town but seemed to be more of a singular crusade to prove a point.

Against that backdrop I cannot accept that it is appropriate to use taxpayers funds for political and personal point scoring.

And that blog just creeped me out.

• edited April 2016
    I'm with JustJones. I do know mark - as a hardworking councillor that cares passionately about this village - but now I also see him as a fun sociable character with lots of friends.
  • Agreed Mike, exactly what I am thinking.
  • Hear, hear @ Just Jones, Andrea and Mottza.
  • A quick google will identify Christopher... At least I know who to avoid :)
  • Christopher has clearly changed his mind yet again and is now clearly supporting Labour.  Strange doesn't do it justice!  :/

http://wivenhoenotes.blogspot.co.uk/
  • I actually had Junius down as a Class War supporter?
  • Watch this space, clearly anything is possible!!  ;)
  • edited April 2016

Let me begin by thanking all those who have visited this site in the last twenty four hours. I have had over 700 visits thanks to the link Jason Cobb so generously provided. Many thanks for that, Jason,

However, he is mistaken about the facts. Everything I have published was sourced from open, publicly accessible sites like those of the Students' Union at the University of Essex and the unrestricted Facebook pages of Cory's friends, people like Chris Butler, Kate Douglas, Claire Rodgers, Dominic Kavakeb, etc., and of organisations like Free Essex, Viva Essex and Indymedia where Pete Simpson, then Chairman of the University's Liberal Democrats' Society was very informative on the links his group had with the Respect Party on campus. No private sources have been used by me.

[Personal attacks removed. Please stop this. Jason]

• You need to think a lot more carefully about the photographs. I am not and never have been a supporter of the Labour party.
  • Junius said:
    You need to think a lot more carefully about the photographs. I am not and never have been a supporter of the Labour party.
    I did, I was being ironic.  Any news as to when the petition is likely to be published? 
  • Hey @Junius. Size isn't everything. You are aware that your blog has become something of a local freak show?

What on earth are you on about with the facts? No one has claimed that you have been sniffing around trying to publish private information; it is just an incredibly WEIRD thing that you have been doing. Have you really got nothing better to do than to trawl people's social feeds?

This has now gone from being amusing to silly to completely pointless. You have been asked politely to stop using this forum for personal attacks. You clearly aren't listening.

I've no idea what you are hoping to achieve by posting up the other links [now deleted] to someone else's business interests. But anyway - that's got you your first strike. One more and you'll get a final warning. Attempt it for a third time and that's the last we'll see of you and your very odd postings.

The strikes are going against your @Junius account btw. We would normally simply delete your @ChristopherT account. Sock puppeting is just pathetic. But by deleting this account, users wouldn't be able to ask you about the very different views that @Junius / @ChristopherT have about your crazy parish referendum idea. And so I'll let @ChristopherT be, just to remind you of how confused you appear to be.

Now please stop this nonsense on this forum.

Thank you.
  • Fighting and winning election is about mobilising your party's supporters as effectively as possible. Your party would not wish to spend time calling on its opponents. All the major parties have national databases of supporters, opponents, neutrals and uncommitted people. The photographs in question were sitting in a file and could contribute a little to Wivenhoe's history. 
  • Jason said:
    Hey @Junius. Size isn't everything. You are aware that your blog has become something of a local freak show?

What on earth are you on about with the facts? No one has claimed that you have been sniffing around trying to publish private information; it is just an incredibly WEIRD thing that you have been doing. Have you really got nothing better to do than to trawl people's social feeds?

This has now gone from being amusing to silly to completely pointless. You have been asked politely to stop using this forum for personal attacks. You clearly aren't listening.

I've no idea what you are hoping to achieve by posting up the other links [now deleted] to someone else's business interests. But anyway - that's got you your first strike. One more and you'll get a final warning. Attempt it for a third time and that's the last we'll see of you and your very odd postings.

The strikes are going against your @Junius account btw. We would normally simply delete your @ChristopherT account. Sock puppeting is just pathetic. But by deleting this account, users wouldn't be able to ask you about the very different views that @Junius / @ChristopherT have about your crazy parish referendum idea. And so I'll let @ChristopherT be, just to remind you of how confused you appear to be.

Now please stop this nonsense on this forum.

Thank you.
    From a neutral point of view it appears that comments aimed at Christopher/Junius are now becoming personal. Perhaps you all need to stop provoking one another & move on.
  • edited April 2016
    Junius said:
    Fighting and winning election is about mobilising your party's supporters as effectively as possible. Your party would not wish to spend time calling on its opponents. All the major parties have national databases of supporters, opponents, neutrals and uncommitted people. The photographs in question were sitting in a file and could contribute a little to Wivenhoe's history. 
    I'll try to be as sensitive and constructive as possible. But @Junius that there blog site is, how can I put it, a little unsettling. Remember "I'm Alan Partridge" when he turned up at a fan's house and walked into the room dedicated to him? That's how I felt. 

I may make out like I hate all Tories, but a lot of my friends are in that camp. I can't think of one of them who'd see your blog postings as being helpful to their campaign. Or maybe that's the point. 

And for the purposes of placing my own cards on the table. I am a proud member of the Labour Party and just as proud to be a member of Momentum. 

• Or "The Church".
  • I feel uncomfortable that this slanging match has been allowed to continue. Where are the mods? Do they support one of the sides so let it continue? 
  • @greeback please read the ToU:

"If you think that a post needs moderating then please contact a member of the moderation team by sending a PM to the Moderator acount. You can do this by accessing your Inbox in the top menu, and then the Start a New Conversation button. The Recipient is Moderator. A member of the moderation team will then be able to pick this up."
  • @Hammeroo - of course you can. This is the very reason that the ToU spells out clearly how to contact a mod.
  • Jason why are you not pointing this out to the other forum users that mentioned this Bertie and Hammeroo? Am I next in the firing line? 
  • edited April 2016
    @greenback because the question wasn't asked previously. You asked for a mod to step in. I politely pointed you in the right direction.

What is this "firing line?"
  • Once again sorry if you misunderstood. 
  • No worries :)
  • @Jason  I've only just realised, via Christopher Thompson's rather excellent blog that you happen to share initials with the current leader of HM Opposition, not to mention Jesus Christ and John Cleese.  Are you in anyway related?  I think we should be told otherwise I may have to terminate my account.  :/
  • @Jellyhead I'm more Jasper Carrot to be honest.

The Cobbinista.
  • I've got this Mole you know...