IT'S HERE! The Wivenhoe Neighbourhood Plan- consultation issue

edited February 2016 in Neighbourhood Plan
Erm... that should be 2 pm - 3.30 pm at the cricket club!
AND the bar will be open :)

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Do you do Facebook?
    Then you can meet us there as well.
    Please help spread the word about this by sharing!

• Its only the launch that will be over by this time next week.  Consultation on the pre-submission draft will last for a month.
  • The entire plan is available on www.wivenhoeneighbourhoodplan.org.uk.  You can also read a summary and, to start the conversation, a leaflet of the 30 policies in one line each.  Residents have one month to comment and correct it. 
    There will also be hard copies available on Saturday and afterwards from the Town Hall and Library. 
  • edited February 2016
    Yes, the consultation isn't just on Saturday 13 February. After the launch, comments can be made until 14 March
    • on the website  www.wivenhoeneighbourhoodplan.org.uk by using the Feedback button,
    • or they can be sent in to Wivenhoe Town Council at 77 High Street,
    • or emailed to wivenhoe.npsg@gmail.com
    Copies of the plan will also be available at the WTC offices and at the library, as well as on the website.
    But on Saturday there will be an opportunity to talk about the draft plan with members of the steering group and comments made then will also go into the feedback.
  • Sorry about that cross-posting - slow connection :(
  • Rosalind said:
    The entire plan is available on www.wivenhoeneighbourhoodplan.org.uk.  You can also read a summary and, to start the conversation, a leaflet of the 30 policies in one line each.  Residents have one month to comment and correct it. 
    There will also be hard copies available on Saturday and afterwards from the Town Hall and Library. 

Am I missing something or is the plan not on the website yet, certainly doesn't appear to be on the Published neighbourhood plan page.
  • I can see it's being worked at so if it isn't there yet it soon will be.
  • Thanks Marika.
  • Well this embarrassing: one post above had to be removed because @neighplan was running ahead of itself!!
    Apologies for any confusion caused, and to clarify what is happening:
    • the consultation that begins on 13 February is NOT the final community consultation yet, but the first opportunity when the whole of the draft plan can be shown to the community.
    • another reason for holding this informal consultation is to give the steering group time to make any necessary changes after the comments have been received.
    • this informal consultation was thought very advisable in our case because of the complexity of the plan.
    • comments can be submitted until 14 March.
    Phew....!
  • Can anyone advise as when the plan will be up on the website?  Had hoped to have a read ahead of Saturday's consultation, thanks.
  • The draft plan will be on the website on Friday.  It is all the work of volunteers and the final stage is to make it as readable as possible.  You can read a summary on there now and by Friday the updated summary - both readable and accurate and short enough to be approachable - will be up there too.
    Saturday is the launch, after that you have 4 weeks to feedback.
  • Mmm. all the development up the top then.

Can't see any airport in there either!
  • The Airport is just off page top left.  Keen eyed readers will clearly be able to see the two red dots for proposed developments in Denham and Trinity Close!
  • The keen eyed should see two green dots.
  • edited February 2016
    The keen eyed should see two green dots.
    You're right poopdecker, they are green and I sincerely hope they remain so;  I was obviously distracted by the large red shapes towards the top of the map.
  • Just one glance at this plan shows what a Richard headed idea it would be to put the doctor's surgery in the bottom right hand corner, even with the current distribution of population. With all the proposed development being to the north, it becomes so obviously ludicrous that it must be indefensible.
  • Not quite all new development will be "up the top" as the proposals map does not show sites for which there is already planning permission. There is existing current permission for 24 dwellings at the Cedric's site, 7 polyfunctional units at Cooks (effectively flats) and one house in Queen's Road.  Probably further infill sites will be brought forward as the years go by.

• 24 dwellings on the cedric site - how on earth will they fit? They won't have any gardens or parking I should imagine! More pavement parking - oh goody!! 
  • Helsabels said:
    24 dwellings on the cedric site - how on earth will they fit? They won't have any gardens or parking I should imagine! More pavement parking - oh goody!! 

This is public domain information, and it is on the CBC Planning portal - a combination of (mostly) flats and some houses.

Thanks.

MikeNewton

• I look forward to the weekends discussions, but surely it would be beneficial

to have the cemetery behind the fire station so people can walk there easier,

to tend the graves etc. The amount of housing currently shown on the Draft plan

in this area ( if needed!) can then be added to the other areas on the edge of the village. 

A cemetery so near a busy sporting facility is hardly tranquil!!!

• If you move the Cemetery to behind the Fire Station it would be next to the Care Home, which may save on some journeys but may be deemed a bit thoughtless.
  • Jellyhead said:
    If you move the Cemetery to behind the Fire Station it would be next to the Care Home, which may save on some journeys but may be deemed a bit thoughtless.

conveyor belt ??
  • Would the Fire Station also be able to tender for cremations, if that were the case...?  ;)
  • marcel said:
    Just one glance at this plan shows what a Richard headed idea it would be to put the doctor's surgery in the bottom right hand corner, even with the current distribution of population. With all the proposed development being to the north, it becomes so obviously ludicrous that it must be indefensible.
    I suspect that many would agree but I understand that there is no other option that can be afforded. It is also ludicrous that the only (tiny) pharmacy will be at the top of the town. Perhaps the CO-OP could include a pharmacy on the Cedrics site or even fit one into their shop by removing the pointless white goods and having another re-shuffle
  • Please put your feedback onto the website where it will be collated and put forward to a working group to inform revisions to the draft plan.  You may also want to join the revision writing group - please indicate this in your feedback.
    http://wivenhoeneighbourhoodplan.org.uk/2016/02/plan-summary-and-full-draft-for-february-2016-consultation/
  • I agree with upstreet I think putting the cemetery in a more central and accessible place like behind the fire station seems the most sensible and obvious option. At least it would be away from the busy road and be in a quiet and tranquil area which is where a cemetery should be.  Somewhere people can go to talk to, and remember loved ones..in peace and quiet. More housing development is much better by the football club as then the residents could have access to the main road without having to travel through the village adding to the busy traffic that we have already. 
  • edited February 2016
    Placing the Cemetery behind the Fire Station rather than on Elmstead Road already seems to be gathering some traction and I can see the logic, especially as we have all become rather too familiar with Elmstead Road of late and the access issues involved. 

I'm not totally convinced that the land behind the Fire Station is a tranquil area (certainly not during term time/ break time)!  But in some respects that may not be such a bad thing, hearing children laughing and playing whilst remembering loved ones? 

Worth considering?