Friends of the Garden Working Group

edited June 2014 in Wildlife Garden
I will be running a working group on Sunday 13th of July. There is a lot to be done in the area so there would be something for all to help with from general maintenance to more heavy duty landscaping projects. We have had great support from many of you in the past and I hope to have even more people at this event.

We need to sort the edge of the pond liner so we can bury it in the ground, there is a lot of weeding to be done in the orchard wildflower meadow, we would like to create a forest school area behind the bank, the ground could do with levelling out in areas (if anyone has a rotavator that would be excellent!), and the wildlife garden needs general weeding and pruning to be done.

I will be training some 'friends of the garden' on the day too. We are hoping to get a team of people together that would be able to help maintain the garden as a fantastic community space. So if you can give some time every now and then please come along. Many hands make light work!!

Comments

• Looking forward to the gardening morning this Sunday. Sunshine and thundery showers forecast. Should be exciting. If you have some free time then please come down and lend a hand. The more the merrier!!

Johnny
  • We will be meeting at 10am tomorrow, working till around 1pm. The weather is not too bad so we should be able to get a lot done.

Looking forward to seeing you all in the garden tomorrow morning!

Johnny
  • On from 10am - 1pm today...and it has stopped raining now !
  • If anyone is free during the week one day next week, I would like to sort out the edging of the pond ready for the BBC coming on the 22nd.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
  • I will be working in the gardens on Tuesday and Wednesday next week from 10am till around 1-2pm.  If anyone is free please come and join me!!

johnny