This is an archive of the Wivenhoe Forum hyperlocal community messageboard. It ran from 2010-2020.

This archive will be permanently deleted on 31st December 2021.

Posting is disabled.

Station car park chickens.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with the owners of the community chickens? The constant screeching at 6am every single day is getting tiring.

Comments

• What do you imagine they're going to do about it?

• What solution do you have in mind?

• That is what chickens do

• I think there's a note on the side on the coup with the number on it.

But a word to the wise; if you try to get them banned or moved or whatever you will find yourself extremely unpopular. Why live in a rural place and hate the sound of chickens?

Your lucky there isn't a cockerel in there :-)

• edited November 2020

I think there's a note on the side on the coup with the number on it.

But a word to the wise; if you try to get them banned or moved or whatever you will find yourself extremely unpopular. Why live in a rural place and hate the sound of chickens?

Your lucky there isn't a cockerel in there :-)

• edited November 2020

Personally, I love hearing and seeing the chickens early in the morning. They have been a source of joy and have kept me grounded during all the ups and downs we've been going through this year. I know others who feel the same.

• Is lower Wivenhoe rural? At a guess, it has the same population density as some areas of London.

• Not if you think about it. It's surrounded by woods and fields with some cows mooing and baa-ing a lot.

And chickens of course (!)

It also depends on whether you're talking about London or its suburbs

However, looking back at what I wrote, and having read your post, I think "semi-rural" would have been a better word.

• Not many cows near the station !!

• Its neither rural nor semi-rural but well within the confines of a small town with a population close to 10000. On one side you have a large housing estate and on the other a busy railway line. Semi rural would include housing on the back road to Alresford or maybe Keelers Lane but certainly not in lower Wivenhoe.

That said, I still can't think of what can be done to stop Chickens making a noise at 6.00 in the morning!!

• This is a joke right? Chickens. Making a bit of noise. Get a grip on whats important right now mate. We are in the middle of a global pandemic and for many people these same birds have kept them sane during lockdown.

• What are the plans for the Wivenhoe chickens? The news seems to be that they all need to be housed indoors to ge kept safe from this avian flu?

• Local volunteers are currently fundraising so that they can put things in place for this.

More information here:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/wivenhoe-station-chickens

• Facebook says all chickens now named👍