This is an archive of the Wivenhoe Forum hyperlocal community messageboard. It ran from 2010-2020.

This archive will be permanently deleted on 31st December 2021.

Posting is disabled.

Forum hosting renewal

The forum hosting package is due for renewal in a few weeks. The annual cost is £49.99 +VAT with 4huhosting. Currently there is £12.55 in the forum paypal kitty.

If you feel that the forum has been of use to you in the past twelve months then please consider a paypal donation of £5.

The linked email address for paypal is jason at wivenhoeforum dot co dot uk.

Thanks

Comments

• Just sent donation.

• Thank you to those who have kindly donated. We're still a little short.

• Come on people!

There are hundreds of regular users of this forum. I’m shocked to learn that less than ten people have had the decency to contribute a fiver towards the cost.

mid you are put off because you don’t have a PayPal account - you don’t need one :

To send money without a PayPal account just go to PayPal's front page and from there click the link Send Money> Send Money Online. From there it will be possible to send a payment to any email address

• I’d suggest that those that use the forum for commercial gain should either contribute voluntarily or be persuaded to pay a fiver for each post. Plenty of those types of post on here!

• @moira: sorry, but I see no "Send Money" link on paypal's home page.

• Jason if you pm me your address i will happily put £10 in an envelope through your door. Great forum but i don't do any online payments.

• Thanks to some very generous donations, the forum hosting has been renewed for another year.

• The forum hosting package comes to an end on 19th December. I won’t be renewing it this year. I live and work in South London most of the time now. I’m not around in Wivenhoe to give the forum the time it needs.

• I thought it would be fun to post some final stats for the forum before the lights go off...

• Running for 10 years
    • 51649 users in total
    • Over 11,900 threads across 20 categories

This year alone:

• 100,000 pageviews a month
    • 1.2 million page views total
    • Over 1,000 discussion threads
    • Over 3,400 posts

Most popular discussions of all time